Sunday, September 7, 2014

More Mer...Maids and Men

I never imagined when I shared my first
crocheted mermaid doll that it would be so well received, by cyber and real life friends alike!

It wasn't long after making my first doll that I received an order from a friend
for eight more!!

Here is what I came up with...


 I had fun coming up with different hair and fin combinations...not to mention eye color!


AND
 of course, who doesn't want a little romance...mermaids are no exception,
so a merman order soon followed.


Here is my hunky mer of a man!
 

You can barely see it, but he has a cock eyed grin.
 

As with the ladies, I find the hair and facial details the most challenging part,
but I think he turned out lookin' pretty good.
 

"Look at you, still all muscly and everything."

As it goes with people mers in love, 
I expect there to be a couple of merbabies by Christmas. ;)


For those of you who have asked about this pattern,
after making nine of the ladies, I have a pretty good working pattern down,
and with a little more work I can probably do the same with the merman.
I plan to offer these patterns for sale on Etsy in the future...but right now, there is no definite date. 
I will be sure to announce it here on the blog when I do though!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I will be wanting merbabies for Christmas I'm thinking about a boy and a girl maybe the girl with light orange hair and a white tail. For the boy, maybe blond hair with a dark blue tail?????? just an idea!
    ~Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- ok, good to know your color preferences. :) I'll have to wait and get the 'official' order from you mom though. ;)

      Delete
  2. do you have your mermaid & merman crochet patttern for sale?I went to fed heart web site and the pattern for body and tail are gone from site.I have a etsy account if you have a store I could go to.Your dolls are so beautiful.Thank You, Melissa M Marshall

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...