Saturday, July 27, 2013

{Refashion}
Skirt to Loose Strappy Top

' Where there's a will, there's a way.'

When it came to this adorable thrifted, seersucker skirt, that saying rings true.




This was one of the items my little sister and I picked up at our last bag sale.
I thought it was too cute to pass up and stuffed it in her bag.
But when we get home, little sister doesn't want the skirt because it looks too much like a baby blanket.
Wha..?!




Of course, she is trying her hardest to be all grown up these days, so naturally she must distance herself from anything that has the appearance of being 'little girl'.

Well, I guess the diagonal pastel hued stripes and baby blue background don't exactly scream, "I'm a big girl now," do they?

No problem, I wouldn't mind finding room in my closet for one more skirt!
Alas...that wasn't going to happen either.
My voluptuous hips were just too much for this poor little skirt. ;)

I wasn't going to give up without a fight!
It only took about 20 minutes under my needle, and I came out the victor!

 


A new, A-line tank top!
It was the perfect match for a cute, pink skirt I have had for years, but didn't quite have the right top to go with it. Now I have a fun, well matched outfit!

 


All I did to make this refashion happen was cut off about 3 or 4 inches from the bottom hem.
I cut that into narrow strips which I then sewed into a tube to make the shoulder strap.
The only thing left to do was hem up the bottom (I wanted to leave it longer) and attach my straps!
 
The skirt had a small elastic waist, which was great because it wasn't too bulky and acts as extra reinforcement to keep my top where I want it! No gaping neck line with this one. 
 



Forgive the squinty eyes and downward glances...it was really bright out.
 


 
 
I have worn this top several times, it is really comfy, and such a quick, great addition to my closet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...