Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day #2: There's a Fire in My Soul!

Today is my first post in the Blog Everyday in February Challenge!
You can read about it here.

I'm supposed to share with you something that fires me up!
Something?!
 Sorry, that just isn't possible.
There are just too many things, I can't choose just one!
A post like this could be potentially very word heavy,
so I decided to express that which fires me up through the medium of images.


Worship and Music
Honestly, I find people worshiping to be the most beautiful thing ever. I want to do this sort of photography so, so bad.
There is nothing so amazing as a worship service where the Spirit
is moving! Worship is healing and freeing on such a deep level,
and I believe there is more power in worship than we give credit for.


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/19914423326481184/


Music originated in heaven, and sometimes, it can take us back.


Words
...

“A man with a scant vocabulary will almost certainly be a weak thinker.
The richer and more copious one's vocabulary and the greater one's awareness of fine distinctions
and subtle nuances of meaning, the more fertile and precise is likely to be one's thinking.
Knowledge of things and knowledge of the words for them grow together.
If you do not know the words, you can hardly know the thing.” 
-Henry Hazlitt 

Towards the end of this post, you can read more about how I feel on the subject and power of words.




Culture and World Peoples


Namibia


Mother and daughter combing their hair at a ghat in Kerala, India. by phitar.

Venice ~ Italy
Someday I'll meet these people and see these places with my own eyes.
I feel as if I have a worldwide family... I just haven't met them yet.


 
Spiritual Healing and Freedom

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/361765782537841641/   
When Christ comes in and heals those wounded, bound up parts of your soul,
there is no greater feeling of newness and true freedom.
The Bondage Breaker, New Edition   -     By: Neil T. Anderson
Read this book.
It will change your life.
Seriously.
Meditating on this beautiful message from Rumi today.  Will be adding this message to my daily prayers - "Use me as someone's Lamp, someone's Lifeboat, someone's Ladder, as you guide me in helping someone's soul heal, Lord."   Amen.

Because I have experienced spiritual healing and freedom,
I long to be a guiding hand to others who need the same!
Especially young girls and women.



Truth
Truth .. Liberating. The Truth will set you Free ..
I decided long ago that I desired truth above all else...
above ease, pleasure, or blissful ignorance.
I look for the deepest truth in everything...I'm curious, always asking questions, always digging.
After all, you won't find diamonds and gold on the surface.


The truth will set you free :-)





Creating
Today~ Wouldn't this be lovely in your sewing space?
I come alive when my hands are working at creating...
in that way I love to copy my Creator and experience just
a touch of the joy He must have felt when He made this glorious world!
Whether I'm working with the medium of yarn, thread, food, or ink,
I love to create a thing of beauty!



Natural Health

Jaden's grandmother used her herbs to heal people. Sometimes she healed their bodies, sometimes she healed their souls.
Honestly,
I haven't been a traditional doctor in about 15 years.
I believe God gave us everything our bodies need for health
in the world around us through herbs.
It excited me that He is concerned for our health
and has provided a means to attain it through simple, inexpensive ways!
I believe in treating the problem and not the symptoms.
Through herbs and natural means, I've witnessed the iridication
of issues the modern medical movement claim to be untreatable.
Sure, if I break my arm or need surgery, I appreciate the hospital,
but on a whole I don't support their methods and treatment.
Your body will let you know what needs healing. Physical illness always has a spiritual solution.  Tap into what may be influencing you on the emotional and psychological levels.

Life,
relationships,
dancing,
adventure,
new experiences...
these are the sort of things that ignite a flame of excitement inside me!


What sort of things are you passionate about?
Leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you!

~~~~
I'm linking up at Anchored in Love Divine
for the Blog Everyday in February Challenge!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this, As you figure this post may have been more intense had you choose the article yourself. It is an incredible and creative post as u shared, however, at last, this is the best way of finding something good I'll feel good if you will be chat. Also, I thought I should share few important tips for beauty secrets for health conscious and

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Your comments make my day!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me!

I read every.single.comment. And reply to them as well, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box so you will receive my reply!

~Des~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...